Monday, September 6, 2010

Thanks everyone!


First, I want to thank everyone for sending such lovely birthday letters! Danny and the kids made them into an album (complete with illustrations). It was a really nice surprise and helped me feel less friend-less on my birthday!


On the topic of being old:
A few days ago I saw "The Graduate" for the first time since I saw it as an undergrad at Oberlin. My former impression was that Benjamin was a nice kid who kept trying to engage Mrs. Robinson in conversation and a meaningful relationship, yet crabby Mrs. Robinson kept trying to get him to shut up and take his clothes off.
This viewing, however, I totally identified with how much it would suck to be Mrs. Robinson. The poor woman had needs but few options. And having to listen to this dumb kid talk about nothing just added insult to injury.

I was also impressed by how well-preserved Mrs. Robinson was, so I looked her up on IMDB. Anne Bancroft was 4 YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME when she played this role. AAarrrgghh.

No comments:

Post a Comment